SSC JE Syllabus 2019| SSC Junior Engineer Syllabus for Civil/ Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering
The notification for Jr. Engineer is already out and this is the peak time for students doing the SSC JE preparation. It is the right time to collect the syllabus for junior engineer exam 2019.
We have eased your struggle as we have brought a point-to-point syllabus for you through this article. What is the syllabus for SSC JE Exam 2019 let’s check it out?
- What is SSC JE Civil Engineering Syllabus 2019?
- What is SSC JE Electrical Engineering Syllabus 2019?
- What is SSC JE Mechanical Engineering Syllabus 2019?
- SSC JE 2019 Notification
SSC JE Syllabus 2019 Complete Details
Look, the selection process for acquiring the vacancy of staff selection commission (SSC) Jr. Engineer demands to crack the 2 stage examinations. There are total 2 exams which will be held on different dates. Check complete SSC Exam Dates 2019.
What will be the paper pattern of part 1 and part 2 examinations, let’s see below?
SSC JE Paper 1 Exam Pattern -(Computer Based Examination)
This will be conducted in online mode only where you have to give exam on computer. Total 200 questions will be asked of you which you have to complete in 2 hours.
|General Reasoning||50||50||2 hours|
There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in SSC JE Paper 1 only.
The first 2 subjects are compulsory to attend for all kind of participants.
The candidates appearing in the post of Junior Engineer (Civil), Junior Engineer (Quantity Surveying & Contract) should attempt Part A (Civil & Structural).
And the candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Electrical) should attempt Part-B (Electrical) and the candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Mechanical) should attempt Part C (Mechanical).
There will be 0.25 negative marking on each wrong answer. There will be no loss of marks on non-attended questions. For the correct answer, you will be awarded 1 mark for each right answer.
SSC JE Paper 2 Exam Pattern -(written)
This exam will be conducted in offline mode only which means you will be given a paper and a pen and you have to do all stuff in a writing mode. For reaching this stage, you have to crack the Paper 1 first and then only you’ll be promoted at this second round.
The duration of this exam is 2 hours for attending 300 marks questions.
|Part.A General Engineering(Civil & Structural)
Part-B General Engineering (Electrical)
Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)
The candidates appearing in the post of Junior Engineer (Civil), Junior Engineer (Quantity Surveying & Contract) should attempt Part A (Civil & Structural).
The candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Electrical) should attempt Part-B (Electrical) and the candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Mechanical) should attempt Part C (Mechanical) failing which his/her answer sheet (Paper-II) will not be evaluated.
Note: There is no interview.
SSC JE Paper 1 Syllabus 2019
SSC Junior Engineer paper 1 syllabus contains various topics such as
- General Intelligence & Reasoning Topics
- General Awareness Topics
- General Engineering ((Civil & Structural) Topics
General Engineering (Electrical) Topics
General Engineering (Mechanical) Topics
SSC JE paper 1 is an Objective Type paper.
SSC JE General Intelligence & Reasoning Syllabus
It includes both verbal and non-verbal.
- Space Visualization.
- Problem Solving.
- Decision Making.
- Visual Memory.
- Relationship Concepts.
- Arithmetical Reasoning.
- Verbal And Figure Classification.
- Arithmetical Number Series Etc.
- Abstract Ideas And Symbols And Their Relationships.
- Arithmetical Computations.
- Other Analytical Functions.
- Space Visualization.
SSC JE General Awareness Syllabus
- Current Affairs.
- India and its neighboring countries.
- Economic Science.
- General Polity and Scientific Research, etc.
SSC JE Paper 2 Syllabus 2019
SSC Junior Engineer paper 2 is a conventional type (written exam) it includes various topics such as
SSC JE Syllabus Topics for Civil Engineering
- Building Materials
- Estimating, Costing and Valuation
- Soil Mechanics
- Irrigation Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
SSC JE Structural Engineering Syllabus Topics
- Theory of structures
- Concrete Technology
- RCC Design
- Steel Design
SSC JE Syllabus Topics for Electrical Engineering
- Basic concepts
- Circuit law
- Magnetic Circuit
- AC Fundamentals
- Measurement and measuring instruments
- Electrical Machines
- Fractional Kilowatt Motors and Single Phase Induction Motors
- Synchronous Machines
- Generation, Transmission, and Distribution
- Estimation and costing
- Utilization of Electrical Energy
- Basic Electronics
- SSC English Syllabus 2019
SSC JE Syllabus Topics for Mechanical Engineering
- Theory of Machines and Machine Design
- Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials
- Thermal Engineering
- Properties of Pure Substances
- 1st and 2nd Law of Thermodynamics
- Air standard Cycles for IC engines
- Rankine cycle of steam
- Properties & Classification of Fluid
- Fluid Statics
- Measurement of Fluid Pressure
- Fluid Kinematics
- Dynamics of ideal fluids
- Measurement of Flow rate Basic Principles
- Hydraulic Turbines
- Centrifugal Pumps
- Classification of Steels.
- Syllabus of SSC CHSL 2019
- SSC CGL Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- SSC GD Constable Syllabus Pdf
|SSC JE Exam 2019 Latest Updates
|SSC JE Application Form 2019||Best SSC Books for JE Preparation|
|SSC JE Exam Pattern 2019||SSC JE Cutoff marks 2019|
|SSC JE Result by Name and Roll no.||SSC JE Question papers|
|SSC JE Admit Card Download||SSC JE Result – Score Card|
Expected Questions from each subject in the syllabus of junior engineer in SSC
Number of Questions on each topic for every subject-
We have also calculated the upcoming questions for various subjects which has the probability to come on the exam.
SSC JE Syllabus Topics for Civil Exam 2019
|Junior Engineer Civil Topics||Number of questions|
|Strength of materials||10-12|
|Estimating, Costing and valuation||5-8|
SSC JE Syllabus Topics for Electrical Exam 2019
|Junior Engineer Electronics Topics||Number of questions|
|Measurements and Measuring Instruments||10-15|
SSC JE Syllabus Topics for Mechanical Exam 2019
|Junior Engineer Mechanical Engg. Topics||Number of Questions|
|Fluid Mechanics & Machinery||17-20|
|Production engineering- Cover vast topics, Time Consuming, Mostly theoretical with some Numerical from Welding and Metal Cutting||13-15|
|Strength of materials||12-13|
|Theory of machines||10-11|
|Refrigeration and air-conditioning||3-4|
- SSC CHSL Exam Pattern With Marks
- SSC CHSL Study Plan 2019
- Typing Speed in SSC 10+2
- How to Crack SSC Exam Without Coaching?
SSC JE 2019 Detailed Syllabus
SSC Junior Engineer Civil Engineering Syllabus in detail
Building Materials :
Physical and Chemical properties, classification, standard tests, uses and manufacture/quarrying of materials e.g. building stones, silicate based materials, cement (Portland), asbestos products, timber and wood-based products, laminates, bituminous materials, paints, varnishes.
Estimating, Costing and Valuation: estimate, the glossary of technical terms, analysis of rates, methods, and unit of measurement, Items of work – earthwork, Brickwork (Modular & Traditional bricks), RCC work, Shuttering, Timber work, Painting, Flooring, and Plastering. Boundary wall, Brick building, Water Tank, Septic tank, Bar bending schedule, Centre line method, Mid-section formula, Trapezoidal formula, Simpson’s rule. The cost estimate of Septic tank, flexible pavements, Tube well, isolates and combined footings, Steel Truss, Piles, and pile-caps. Valuation – Value and cost, scrap value, salvage value, assessed value, sinking fund, depreciation and obsolescence, methods of valuation.
Principles of surveying, measurement of distance, chain surveying, working of prismatic compass, compass traversing, bearings, local attraction, plane table surveying, theodolite traversing, adjustment of theodolite, Leveling, Definition of terms used in leveling, contouring, curvature and refraction corrections, temporary and permanent adjustments of dumpy level, methods of contouring, uses of contour map, tachometric survey, curve setting, earth work calculation, advanced surveying equipment.
Soil Mechanics :
Origin of soil, phase diagram, Definitions-void ratio, porosity, the degree of saturation, water content, the specific gravity of soil grains, unit weights, density index and interrelationship of different parameters, Grain size distribution curves and their uses. Index properties of soils, Atterberg’s limits, ISI soil classification and plasticity chart.
The permeability of soil, the coefficient of permeability, determination of coefficient of permeability, Unconfined and confined aquifers, effective stress, quick sand, consolidation of soils, Principles of consolidation, the degree of consolidation, pre-consolidation pressure, normally consolidated soil, e-log p curve, computation of ultimate settlement. Shear strength of soils, direct shear test, Vane shear test, Triaxial test. Soil compaction, Laboratory compaction test, Maximum dry density and optimum moisture content, earth pressure theories, active and passive earth pressures, bearing capacity of soils, plate load test, standard penetration test.
Fluid properties, hydrostatics, measurements of flow, Bernoulli’s theorem and its application, flow through pipes, flow in open channels, weirs, flumes, spillways, pumps and turbines.
Definition, necessity, benefits, 2II effects of irrigation, types, and methods of irrigation, Hydrology – Measurement of rainfall, run off coefficient, rain gauge, losses from precipitation – evaporation, infiltration, etc.
Water requirement of crops, duty, delta and base period, Kharif and Rabi Crops, Command area, Time factor, Crop ratio, Overlap allowance, Irrigation efficiencies.
Different type of canals, types of canal irrigation, loss of water in canals. Canal lining– types and advantages. Shallow and deep to wells, yield from a well. Weir and barrage, Failure of weirs and permeable foundation, Slit, and Scour, Kennedy’s theory of critical velocity. Lacey’s theory of uniform flow. Definition of the flood, causes, and effects, methods of flood control, water logging, preventive measure. Land reclamation, Characteristics of affecting the fertility of soils, purposes, methods, description of land and reclamation processes. Major irrigation projects in India.
- Highway Engineering – cross sectional elements, geometric design, types of pavements, pavement materials – aggregates and bitumen, different tests, Design of flexible and rigid pavements – Water Bound Macadam (WBM) and Wet Mix Macadam (WMM), Gravel Road, Bituminous construction, Rigid pavement joint, pavement maintenance, Highway drainage, Railway Engineering- Components of permanent way – sleepers, ballast, fixtures and fastening, track geometry, points and crossings, track junction, stations and yards.
- Traffic Engineering – Different traffic survey, speed-flow-density and their interrelationships, intersections, and interchanges, traffic signals, traffic operation, traffic signs and markings, road safety.
Quality of water, the source of water supply, purification of water, distribution of water, need of sanitation, sewerage systems, circular sewer, oval sewer, sewer appurtenances, sewage treatments. Surface water drainage, Solid waste management – types, effects, engineered management system. Air pollution– pollutants, causes, effects, control.
Noise pollution – cause, health effects, control.
- SSC CGL Notification 2019
- How to Study for SSC CGL 2019?
- SSC Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus in detail
SSC JE Syllabus for Structural Engineering in detail
Theory of structures:
Elasticity constants, types of beams – determinate and indeterminate, bending moment and shear force diagrams of simply supported, cantilever and over hanging beams. Moment of area and moment of inertia for rectangular & circular sections, bending moment and shear stress for a tee, channel and compound sections, chimneys, dams and retaining walls, eccentric loads, slope deflection of simply supported and cantilever beams, critical load and columns, Torsion of circular section.
Properties, Advantages and uses of concrete, cement aggregates, the importance of water quality, water cement ratio, workability, mix design, storage, batching, mixing, placement, compaction, finishing and curing of concrete, quality control of concrete, hot weather and cold weather concreting, repair and maintenance of concrete structures.
RCC beams-flexural strength, shear strength, bond strength, the design of singly reinforced and double reinforced beams, cantilever beams. T-beams, lintels. One way and two-way slabs, isolated footings. Reinforced brickworks, columns, staircases, retaining wall, water tanks (RCC design questions may be based on both Limit State and Working Stress methods).
Steel design and construction of steel columns, beams roof trusses plate girders. 14
SSC Junior Engineer Electrical Engineering Syllabus in Detail
Basic concepts: Concepts of resistance, inductance, capacitance, and various factors affecting them. Concepts of current, voltage, power, energy and their units.
Circuit law :
Kirchhoff’s law, Simple Circuit solution using network theorems.
Magnetic Circuit :
Concepts of flux, MMF, reluctance, Different kinds of magnetic materials, Magnetic calculations for conductors of different configuration e.g. straight, circular, solenoidal, etc. Electromagnetic induction, self, and mutual induction.
Instantaneous, peak, R.M.S. and average values of alternating waves, Representation of sinusoidal waveform, simple series and parallel AC Circuits consisting of R.L. and C, Resonance, Tank Circuit. Poly Phase system – star and delta connection, 3 phase power, DC and sinusoidal response of R-Land R-C circuit.
Measurement and measuring instruments:
Measurement of power (1 phase and 3 phase, both active and reactive) and energy, 2 wattmeter method of 3 phase power measurement. Measurement of frequency and phase angle. Ammeter and voltmeter (both moving oil and moving iron type), the extension of range wattmeter, Multimeters, Megger, Energy meter AC Bridges. Use of CRO, Signal Generator, CT, PT and their uses. Earth Fault detection.
Electrical Machines :
- C. Machine – Construction, Basic Principles of D.C. motors and generators, their characteristics, speed control and starting of D.C. Motors. Method of braking motor, Losses, and efficiency of D.C. Machines. (b) 1 phase and 3 phase transformers – Construction, Principles of operation, equivalent circuit, voltage regulation, O.C., and S.C. Tests, Losses, and efficiency. Effect of voltage, frequency, and waveform on losses. Parallel operation of 1 phase /3 phase transformers. Autotransformers. (c) 3 phase induction motors, rotating magnetic field, the principle of operation, equivalent circuit, torque-speed characteristics, starting and speed control of 3 phase induction motors. Methods of braking, the effect of voltage and frequency variation on torque-speed characteristics. Fractional Kilowatt Motors and Single Phase Induction Motors: Characteristics and applications.
- Synchronous Machines – Generation of 3-phase e.m.f. armature reaction, voltage regulation, parallel operation of two alternators, synchronizing, control of active and reactive power. Starting and applications of synchronous motors.
- Generation, Transmission, and Distribution – Different types of power stations, Load factor, diversity factor, demand factor, cost of generation, inter-connection of power stations. Power factor improvement, various types of tariffs, types of faults, short circuit current for symmetrical faults. Switchgear – rating of circuit breakers, Principles of arc extinction by oil and air, H.R.C. Fuses, Protection against earth leakage / over current, etc. Buchholtz relay, Merz-Price system of protection of generators & transformers, protection of feeders and bus bars. Lightning arresters, various transmission and distribution system, comparison of conductor materials, the efficiency of the different system. Cable – Different type of cables, cable rating and derating factor.
- Estimation and costing: Estimation of lighting scheme, electric installation of machines and relevant IE rules. Earthing practices and IE Rules.
- Utilization of Electrical Energy: Illumination, Electric heating, Electric welding, Electroplating, Electric drives, and motors.
- Basic Electronics: Working of various electronic devices e.g. P N Junction diodes, Transistors (NPN and PNP type), BJT and JFET. Simple circuits using these devices.
SSC Junior Engineer Mechanical Engineering Syllabus in Detail
Theory of Machines and Machine Design
Concept of simple machine, Four bar linkage and link motion, Flywheels and fluctuation of energy, Power transmission by belts – V-belts and Flat belts, Clutches – Plate and Conical clutch, Gears – Type of gears, gear profile and gear ratio calculation, Governors – Principles and classification, Riveted joint, Cams, Bearings, Friction in collars and pivots.
Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials
Equilibrium of Forces, Law of motion, Friction, Concepts of stress and strain, Elastic limit and elastic constants, Bending moments and shear force diagram, Stress in composite bars, Torsion of circular shafts, Bucking of columns – Euler’s and Rankin’s theories, Thin walled pressure vessels.
Properties of Pure Substances: p-v & P-T diagrams of pure substance like H2O, Introduction of the steam table with respect to steam generation process; definition of saturation, wet & superheated status. Definition of dryness fraction of steam, the degree of superheat of steam. H-s chart of steam (Mollier‟s Chart).
1 st Law of Thermodynamics: Definition of stored energy & internal energy, 1st Law of Thermodynamics of the cyclic process, Non-Flow Energy Equation, Flow Energy & Definition of Enthalpy, Conditions for Steady State Steady Flow; Steady State Steady Flow Energy Equation.
2nd Law of Thermodynamics : Definition of Sink, Source Reservoir of Heat, Heat Engine, Heat Pump & Refrigerator; Thermal Efficiency of Heat Engines & coefficient of performance of Refrigerators, Kelvin – Planck & Clausius Statements of 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, Absolute or Thermodynamic Scale of temperature, Clausius Integral, Entropy, Entropy change calculation of ideal gas processes. Carnot Cycle & Carnot Efficiency, PMM-2; definition & its impossibility.
Air standard Cycles for IC engines: Otto cycle; plot on P-V, T-S Planes; Thermal Efficiency, Diesel Cycle; Plot on P-V, T-S planes; Thermal efficiency.
IC Engine Performance, IC Engine Combustion, IC Engine Cooling & Lubrication.
Rankine cycle of steam: Simple Rankin cycle plot on P-V, T-S, h-s planes, Rankine cycle efficiency with & without pump work.
Boilers; Classification; Specification; Fittings & Accessories: Fire Tube & Water Tube Boilers.
Air Compressors & their cycles; Refrigeration cycles; Principle of a Refrigeration Plant; Nozzles & Steam Turbines
Fluid Mechanics & Machinery
Properties & Classification of Fluid: ideal & real fluids, Newton’s law of viscosity, Newtonian and Non-Newtonian fluids, compressible and incompressible fluids.
Fluid Statics: Pressure at a point.
Measurement of Fluid Pressure: Manometers, U-tube, Inclined tube.
Fluid Kinematics: Streamline, laminar & turbulent flow, external & internal flow, continuity equation.
Dynamics of ideal fluids: Bernoulli’s equation, Total head; Velocity head; Pressure head; Application of Bernoulli’s equitation.
Measurement of Flow rate Basic Principles: Venturimeter, Pilot tube, Orifice meter.
Hydraulic Turbines: Classifications, Principles.
Centrifugal Pumps: Classifications, Principles, Performance.
Classification of Steels : mild steal & alloy steel, Heat treatment of steel, Welding – Arc Welding, Gas Welding, Resistance Welding, Special Welding Techniques i.e. TIG, MIG, etc. (Brazing & Soldering), Welding Defects & Testing; NDT, Foundry & Casting – methods, defects, different casting processes, Forging, Extrusion, etc., Metal cutting principles, cutting tools, Basic Principles of machining with (i) Lathe (ii) Milling (iii) Drilling (iv) Shaping (v) Grinding, Machines, tools & manufacturing processes.
Steps to download SSC JE Syllabus 2019:
- Visit the official website of the SSC by typing the URL www.ssc.nic.in in the address bar.
from the top menu, you will see “Candidates corner”. click on it.
- Drop-down menu list will open as soon as you click on the candidate’s corner into which you have to select syllabus caption.
- this will open a new page for you where you will see a display of syllabus from various courses. identify your course syllabus link from here.
- Now, you will get the SSC JE recruitment 2019 syllabus of your need. you can download and also take a hard copy of it for frequent reference.
We hope that this article could help you in some and better way. If you have any other requirement or you wish to know something more about the SSC JE syllabus for Civil, Electrical, and mechanical engineering branch, then please let us know via comment section given below.
We provide the assurance to answer you back within 24 hours.