SSC CHSL SYLLABUS 2020 Pdf Download (SSC 10+2 Syllabus Tier 1,2)
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has again introduced 3259 vacancies inside LDC, DEO, Postal/Assistants, Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA) and court clerk cadre.
To allow a single seat in one among such position, the SSC has announced to conduct a paper which is known by the name of SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (SSC CHSL) from the long term.
Every year, SSC CHSL exam is held and is given by millions of aspirants from whole over INDIA. So, this year also many candidates will surely apply for this particular examination SSC CHSL 2020 to acquire that single seat which they dream of. The dates scheduled for this examination is stated as under-
The dates scheduled for this examination is stated as under-
- SSC CHSL Tier-01 Computer Based Exam– 16.03.2020 to 27.03.2020
- SSC CHSL Tier-02 exam (Descriptive Paper) – 28/06/2020
- SSC Exam Dates 2020
- Register for Free SSC CHSL Mock Test
You can check the detail at the main site of SSC i.e. www.ssc.nic.in.
This is just a brief intro to the new arrives at our site about the upcoming SSC examination. We have brought one more common but an important topic to discuss on. The topic to discuss can be visible to you all on our page heading “What is the syllabus of SSC CHSL Exam?”.
Yes, today we are going to discuss the latest SSC CHSL Syllabus 2019. So, don’t skip us and continue your reading.
SSC CHSL SYLLABUS 2019
As this is very common to your knowledge that SSC CHSL exam for 2019 contains the same process for recruitment which it is following for many years. You are true. But guys, this time there is a little variation in the SSC CHSL Exam Pattern formation. We let you know how?
Actually, the CHSL tier-1 paper will be consisting of total of 100 questions which you have to complete in just 60 minutes.
Further, when you reach for ssc chsl mains examination, you’ll get a paper having 100 questions total required to be completed in just 60 minutes. So, this is going to be really challenging for the aspirants.
For our new readers and also who are new in SSC PREPARATION, we let them know the basic ssc chsl paper pattern. Take a look at below table-
SSC CHSL Tier- 1 Paper Pattern-
In previous years, this tier was conduction in offline mode, but from this year, it is conducted online.
Now, let us discuss ssc chsl syllabus with marks by picking each subject one by one.
Computer Based Examination: Tier-I (Objective Type)
This examination tier will consist of Objective Type – Multiple choice questions only. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi for Part-II, III & IV. There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
Make note that you will be rewarded with 2 marks for every correct answer. But, if made any mistake, then a penalty of 0.5 marks will be applied to you. That means, there is a criteria of negative marking in each subject which says that if you have answered wrong to any right question, then you will miss 0.5 marks on it.
There will be no loss in not attended questions.
SSC CHSL Tier-2 Paper Pattern
|Descriptive Type||Essay Writing & Letter Writing||100|
Note- for visually handicap students, total 80 minutes will be provided.
SSC CHSL Tier 1 Syllabus 2019
Now focus on SSC CHSL detailed syllabus topic wise.
SSC CHSL General Awareness Syllabus –
We know that this is very hard to cram all the data for so many years. So, it is advisable to underline only that knowledge that is often asked in previous year papers. Also, you should be well-versed with the knowledge of the past 6 months at least, covering every area of politics, science, legal, etc.
GK is asked to understand your level of awareness regarding your surroundings. Also, it is done to know your data grabbing power.
SSC CHSL Syllabus for GK – Vertex from which the most questions are asked are-
- Awards and Honors
- Books and Authors
- General Policy
- Scientific Research
You can score the maximum from this corner if you daily update yourself with the current data by visiting newspapers and TV news channels. With the latest knowledge, you’ll be able to complete at least 20% of the paper.
- SSC GK Syllabus Topics
- SSC CHSL Job Salary and Career Growth
- SSC JE Syllabus 2020
- SSC CGL Syllabus with marks
- SSC GD Constable Syllabus 2020
- SSC Preparation Strategy
SSC CHSL Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
This section is included in the formation of a paper set with a presumption to acquire the knowledge of calculation and calculating the speed of the aspirant.
The aspirant, who attempts as many questions with dot accuracy and that, too within idea time, contributes majorly to the success of his/her selection. It is also known as ssc chsl maths syllabus.
Sharp your knowledge majorly at below topics-
- Data Interpretation
- Number Systems
- Profit & Loss
- Ratio and Proportion
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- Surds and Indices
- Sequence and Series
- Mixtures & Allegations
- Time and Distance
- Work and Time
- Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus for SSC Exam
- Register for Free SSC CHSL Mock Test
Use of Tables and Graphs:
- Frequency polygon
- Triangle and its various kinds of centers viz. Centroid, In-centre, Orthocenter, Circumcentre
- Congruence and similarity of triangles
- Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
It is some major topics from ssc chsl syllabus of Quantitative Aptitude.
Quantitative Aptitude is a matter of hard subject in the eyes of many and many competitors. But, this is a fact that the same QA is the easiest subject, once it is understood properly by the student.
Always clear your basics from NCERT and solve questions using short tricks. Make a command of short tricks and practice daily on mock tests. Don’t forget to join test series, this must be very useful.
|SSC CHSL Exam 2020 Latest Updates
|SSC CHSL Application Form 2020||Best SSC Books for CHSL 2020|
|SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2020||SSC CHSL Preparation Tips|
|Expected SSC CHSL Cutoff marks 2020||SSC CHSL Question papers|
|SSC CHSL 10+2 Admit Card||SSC CHSL Result – Score Card|
SSC CHSL English Language Syllabus
Don’t panic when you come across English. English demands just thorough study and time to time revision. This is not as vast as GK. This is a very limited course, which you once learned (rules of English language) will not give you any headache.
- Reading Comprehensions
- Para Jumbles
- Cloze test
- Paragraph Completion
- Active/ Passive Voice
- One word Substitute
- Fill in the Blanks
Only and only tip that you should practice on sheets topic wise and should give test series to trace yourself your level of knowledge.
- Tips to Crack English For SSC
- SSC CHSL Reasoning Preparation Tips
- Register for Free SSC CHSL Mock Test
SSC CHSL General Intelligence or Reasoning Syllabus
Reasoning and general intelligence subject judge the thinking ability of an individual because many tough decisions and excess mental work are required to happen from CHSL hirers inside central government jobs. So, you need to command yourself in this section.
This subject is interesting to learn and easy to score.
SSC CHSL Syllabus for General Intelligence: Majorly reasoning questions are asked of-
- Alphanumeric series
- Alphabet test
- Blood Relations
- Coded Inequalities
- Coding Decoding
- Data Sufficiency
- Direction Sense
- Input Output
- Logical Reasoning
- Seating Arrangement
Last, but not the least, there is a typing test also which is conducted at the very end after completing the phase of tier-1 and tier-2.
The candidates who pass both the previous phases are only eligible to attempt this phase too, the passing of which, fixes his/her final selection for the concerned seat inside the central government units.
You can check the detail at the main site of SSC i.e. www.ssc.nic.in.
SSC CHSL Syllabus for Tier 2-
For the tier 2 examination, a descriptive test will be carried out which will be conducted offline. It is a 100 marks paper where you need to score at least 33% to qualify.
SSC CHSL Descriptive Paper SYLLABUS 2020 (TIER-2)
After going through the ssc chsl paper pattern of tier-1 exam, you must be eager to know about the next tier. This SSC CHSL tier 2 is the second level examination after tier 1 which is also called a DESCRIPTIVE Test.
Here we only focus on the Descriptive syllabus for SSC CHSL 2020 and the process of selection. For your kind information, I want to tell you that your descriptive paper will be held on 28/06/2020.
Coming back to the topic, “SSC CHSL Syllabus of descriptive paper” let’s start with the marks weight age of paper.
You’ll be provided a pen and a paper. Your question paper will ask you to write a letter/application and an essay on a certain topic. To complete this paper, you’ll be given 60 minutes.
- It will be a 100 marks paper, which will be qualifying in nature. At least 33% should be scored by you to enter yourself in the list of shortlisted candidates.
- Your tier 2 paper will not be an objective kind of paper. Rather it’d be a subjective one.
- A pen and paper will be provided to you, using which you have to give the test.
- Two descriptive topics will be given to you on whom you have to write creatively.
- In 100 marks descriptive paper, you’ll be asked to write a Letter/an Application and an Essay.
- The mode of language can be English or Hindi, depending on the choice filled by you while filling the application form.
- The letter/application should be written in the range of 150 to 200 words.
- An essay should be written in a range of 200 to 250 words.
- You’ll be provided a pen and a paper. Your question paper will ask you to write a letter/application and an essay on a certain topic.
- Your essay topic may be regarding any new political issue or any current knowledge. So, keep updating yourself with the latest surrounding news.
This test is qualifying in nature, so the qualifying percentage that a candidate needs to score is 33%.
The general (we are not talking about caste here) candidates who are physically fit have to complete this paper in 60 minutes.
- SSC CHSL ki Tyari Kaise kre? Hindi me
- IBPS RRB Officer Syllabus 2020
- Register for Free SSC CHSL Mock Tests, GK Supplement & Online Tests
TIME DURATION for SSC CHSL Tier 2 Exam-
The general time allotted for completing the ssc chsl descriptive paper is 1 hour. But, it is varying as per the ability and disability of the candidate.
- Visually handicapped people, it is 80 minutes.
- For PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED, it is 80 minutes, i.e. 20 minutes more than a general candidate.
The performance in the Descriptive paper would be included for preparing merit.
The persons with the following disabilities will be included in the following cadre-
Data Entry Operator (DEO)
Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant
Lower Division Clerk (LDC)
Student, you need to be very aware of the current happenings in India because this ssc chsl syllabus for descriptive test’s questions is based on current affairs.
Purpose of SSC CHSL Tier 2 Test-
This test is conducted to judge the mental alertness of the candidate towards the economy, polity, science corners. The descriptive test in Hindi/Language is conducted to check the writing skills of the candidate. So, it is really very essential for you to learn good words.
You should thoroughly read the Hindi/English articles in novels or newspapers or magazines to understand their skill of writing and usage of attractive words at proper places.
This you’d be needed to add to your description to crack the paper.
Expected Topics for SSC CHSL (10+2) descriptive test-
Although I cannot promise you that the topics which I’m sharing with you below will definitely come into your question paper, most of the time, the topic is based on current issues.
Some of the expected topics from SSC CHSL descriptive paper syllabus 2020 whose chances are most to come in this exam are-
- Beef violation
- Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana
- Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao
- Startup India/Stand up India for students
- Cashless economy
- Union Indian Budget
- Women Empowerment
- Role of technology in gross development
- GST bill and its benefits
- Eradication of black money from country steps taken by the government
- Technology Advancement in India (ISRO)
- Make in India Initiative
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- UDAN Scheme
- Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan (PMGDSA) – Making Rural India Digitally Literate
- Vrishtha Pension Bima Yojana 2017 – The Old Age Pension Scheme
- 6000 Pregnancy Aid Scheme for Pregnant Women in India
- New Scheme for Monthly Allowance of Rs. 1500 to Unemployed & Poor
- Mid-Day Meal Scheme for Madarsas to be Launched Soon
- 2 Lakh Insurance Cover Scheme for Jan Dhan Account Holders
- Pravasi Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PKVY) – Skills in Line with International Standards
- Surgical Strike
- Digital India
It’s not easy to cover all important points within the 150-250 range. While writing the topic you feel like there is a lot more to share but the word limit is too low which is difficult to bound.
So, it is my personal suggestion to you that don’t just grab knowledge on the topics. Rather, you should practice writing manually on those topics within the limited words limit and time duration.
For letter/ Application writing-
1. Properly learn the format of letter writing- for both formal and informal letters.
2. Learn grammar rules properly and take care of tenses.
3. Try to use attractive words and start with a catchy line.
For Essay writing-
1. Start with a catchy introduction. You can even use some attractive phrases or idioms.
2. Ask questions in between thus grabbing the attention of the reader.
3. Take care of the proper arrangement of sentences and paragraphs.
4. Frame important data or figures in points.
5. Take care of grammar rules and innovative words.
6. It should be attractive right from the beginning until the end.
7. Your essay should contain 3 parts. The first introduction to the topic, second the body and third the conclusion.
8. To ideally arrange them in number of words to acquire the limit given, you can do like this
• For introduction – try to give this intro in just 3-4 lines.
• For body content- the main things to be discussed here only. Limit the body content to 150 words approximately.
• Conclusion- it can be around 50 words. Share your thoughts and give suggestions here.
That’s all for the SSC CHSL Tier 2 syllabus 2020. I think I have provided you with something more than essential. If you want to grab some more information from me, then please feel free to ask me anytime. I’ll catch you shortly. You can ask me using the comment box below.
SSC CHSL Typing Test Syllabus
This needs to be very well understood by you because for DEO and LDC aspirants particularly, the test will be conducted differently. See how?
Typing test for DEO–
SSC CHSL DEO Syllabus – This test will be conducted in English mode only for DEO aspirants.
The candidates will be provided with a printed paper where 2000-2200 strokes will be printed. You have to print maximum those words as it is on the screen without compromising with the semantic or syntax errors.
Note that, you have to complete this task under time duration i.e. 15 minutes.
Typing test for LDC–
SSC CHSL LDC Syllabus – This test will be conducted in English mode/ Hindi mode, depending upon the choice which you had made while filling up your application form.
The OH candidates are exempted from giving this typing test- the Orthopedically Handicapped candidates have to submit their disability certificate assigned from an authorized medical signature.
Visually Handicapped or VH (40% and above) candidates will be given 30 minutes.
For English types, total of 10500 keystrokes should be there in an hour, maintaining 35 words/minute. Likewise, there should be 9000 key depressions for Hindi typers. Total 10 minutes will be given to you wherein you have to maintain your typing speed of 30 words per minute (for Hindi).
Although there are no criteria to pass every subject separately in SSC CHSL, to crack the overall tier-1 we advise you to manage the total 75 minutes between al 4 subjects. It could be like below-
- General Awareness – 10 minutes
- English Section – 15 minutes
- Reasoning – 20 minutes
- Quant – 30 minutes
I hope now you better understand the SSC CHSL recruitment syllabus subject wise. If you have any queries OR suggestion let me know in the comment section given below. Goodbye! All the best.