SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2020 Pdf Download for LDC, DEO, Postal/Assistants, Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA) and Court Clerk (SSC 10+2 Paper Pattern Tier 1 & Tier 2)
(एसएससी सीएचएसएल परीक्षा पैटर्न)
Before attending SSC CHSL 2020 exam, it is really a necessary thing that you have to go through the SSC CHSL paper format. This is because if you will not go through the exam pattern then how will you be able to prepare your studies.
Missing of plans for studies without knowing the proper SSC CHSL paper pattern of exam is just a next to impossible kind of thing. Understanding the compulsory need for the question paper pattern which is culturally followed in every kind of exam, we have brought the Latest SSC CHSL Syllabus exam pattern for SSC CHSL exam.
Here, CHSL stands for Common Higher Secondary Level. It is a 10+2 exam, comparatively easy than CGL, which is conducted by the same body, i.e. SSC.
Now without any delay read the below information carefully.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2020 Detailed Analysis
Your SSC CHSL exam is composed of total of 3 tiers. Tiers mean the number of rounds. So, your final selection in the CHSL will be based upon the performance of yours in these total 3 tiers.
Okay. Let us be clearer. At the first stage, you would have different sections subject wise. You have to crack the scores section-wise and overall scores in total as well. That means you have to clear sectional cut-offs together with overall tier cut-offs. This will continue until you reach the last stage.
Please note that you need not give all the tiers at one go. After you crack the tier- I exam, then only you are eligible to step your foot at tier-2 exam.
Also, note that if you fall fail in achieving required scores in the tier-II exam, then it doesn’t mean that you can again give the tier- II exam directly. You’ll have to apply for the exam right from the scratch and first clear the tier- I exam. That means you have to repeat the whole process again until you reach your destination.
- SSC CHSL Tier-01 Computer Based Exam– 16 to 27 March 2020
- SSC CHSL Tier-02 exam (Descriptive Paper) – 28/06/2020
- New SSC Exam Datasheet 2020
SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam Pattern
- This is an initial stage towards the career movement.
- CHSL Tier 1 is an objective paper where 100 questions will be framed for you on every subject namely, Quantitative Ability, Reasoning, General Awareness, and English.
- Every question is of 1 mark, in this way the whole paper becomes a 200 marks paper.
- There is a time limit to solve the entire tier and that is 60 minutes. For VH/ OH (afflicted by Cerebral Palsy and OH with the deformity in writing hand (Pl. see Para 7 of notice).- 80 Minutes
Please note according to ssc chsl paper scheme that there is negative marking in ssc chsl exam on your every wrong answer. So be alert while answering because it can challenge your 1/4th marks on your every wrong answer.
You can attempt paper either in English or Hindi, it depends on your choice which you would have already mentioned while filling up your form in the “medium of examination” box.
Make sure that this tier will take place online, so make yourself familiar and habitual to computers so that while attaining an exam you do not face any technical difficulty.
SSC CHSL Topic-wise Exam Pattern with marks
Make note that unlike bank exams, there are no criteria to follow the sectional cut-off rule.
SSC CHSL General Intelligence and Reasoning Exam Pattern
|Symbolic/Number Classification, Number Series||2-3|
|Punched hole/pattern-folding & unfolding||3-4|
|Non – Verbal Reasoning||3-4|
SSC CHSL English Exam Pattern
|Spot the Error||2-3|
|Fill in the Blanks||2-3|
|Idioms & Phrases||2-3|
|One word substitution||2-3|
|Improvement of Sentences||2-3|
- SSC English Syllabus Pdf Download
- SSC CHSL English Preparation Tips
- SSC Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus Pdf Download
- Register for Free SSC CHSL Mock Test
SSC CHSL Quantitative Aptitude Exam Pattern
|Ratio & Proportion|
|SI & CI|
|Profit & Loss|
|Mixture & Allegation|
|Time & distance|
|Time & work|
|Algebra||Basic algebraic identities||3-5|
|Graphs of Linear Equations|
|Geometry||Triangle and its various kinds of centers||2-3|
|Congruence and similarity of triangles|
|Circle and its chords|
|Angles subtended by chords of a circle|
|Common tangents to two or more circles|
|Mensuration||Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons||2-3|
|Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone|
|Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped,|
|Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base|
|Trigonometry||Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Standard Identities like sin20 + Cos20=1 etc.||2-3|
|Complementary angles, Height, and distances|
|Statistical Charts||Histogram, Frequency polygon,||2-3|
SSC CHSL GK Exam Pattern
|General Awareness Topics||Weightage (Questions)|
|Economics & Current Affairs||3-4|
As soon as you passed the tier 1, you will be promoted to tier 2 stages.
You should know that the criteria for your selection in tier1 will totally depend upon the cut-offs which will be announced and decided by the concerning authorities. A total cut-off for the overall tier 1 will be announced and the students who will fall at or above that cut-off will only be shortlisted for the tier 2 exam.
You will be given a rough paper to help yourself in calculating things.
You will not be allowed to take any gadgets like your mobile phones or any paper inside the examination hall.
|Latest SSC CHSL Exam 2020 Updates
|SSC CHSL Apply Online||Books for SSC CHSL 2020|
|SSC CHSL Job Profile||SSC CHSL Exam Preparation Tips|
|SSC CHSL Expected Cutoff marks 2020||SSC CHSL Exam Question papers|
|SSC CHSL Admit Card||SSC CHSL Result – Score Card|
SSC CHSL Tier 2 Exam Pattern
This exam is conducted soon after the tier-1 result is declared. This is an offline exam where the descriptive test is carrying out. In this exam, the candidate’s comprehension capabilities, knowledge of politics or any other field is judged.
Check complete details about SSC Exam Pattern for CHSL 2020
- This is the second stage of selection which can be only attended bypassing the first tier of CHSL.
- It is conducted offline using pen and paper and that is why it is called a descriptive paper.
- This paper is conducted for 100 marks which you need to complete in 1 hour.
- This paper is tested to test your knowledge of English Language skills or Hindi writing skills.
- You will be asked to write an essay and a letter/application on a given topic, so you have to prove your writing skills following all grammatical and format rules in Hindi or English.
- Shortly, make yourself sharp in essay or article writing.
- Register for Free SSC CHSL Mock Test
SSC CHSL Descriptive Paper Exam Pattern
|Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
At least 33% should be scored by the candidate to qualify this particular tier, rest is dependent on cut-offs. Once you passed this examination, you will be eligible to attend tier-3, which is called the typing test.
Take note that you can sit in this examination only when you have passed tier 1. Also, you have to score passing marks which are also known as cut offs to clear this exam. The cut-offs will be decided by the commission authorities which is mandatory to score to qualify this tier.
SSC CHSL Tier 3 Exam Pattern
Tier 3 is the last round of the selection process. It is a typing test where the skills of the individual in typing are tested from different aspects.
There are 2 kinds of tests that are taken by the commission as a part of tier3. These are SKILL TEST and the TYPING TEST. But you are not required to give both the tests. Either you have to give a skill test or just the typing test.
Which test has to be given by you, it will depend on the category to which you belong. Read the following Para.
- If you had applied for DEO i.e. Data Entry Operators position, then a SKILL TEST will be conducted for you.
- Typing Test will be conducted for the other 3 positions wisher, i.e. LDC, Court Clerk, and Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant.
- Check Complete SSC CHSL Typing Test Format
Now see the criteria for selection for both.
SSC CHSL Skill Test Pattern
SSC CHSL DEO Exam Pattern
- This test will be conducted only in the English language.
- A printed paper is given to you in whom 2000-2200 strokes are already printed.
- This printed paper is to be written as it is on the computer screen maintaining the speed and accuracy set by the commission.
- You have to maintain a speed of 8000 key depressions in an hour on the computer which means that you have to press 8000 keys in an hour.
- The total time duration of the exam will be 15 minutes.
- This exam will be qualifying in nature.
- Even Physically Handicapped people have to give this exam as a pre-condition.
- Relaxation will be given to Visually Handicapped (VH) candidates. 20 minutes more will be allotted to you. Thus, total of 35 minutes will be provided to them on the same number of strokes and qualifying standards.
SSC CHSL Typing Test Pattern
- This test is conducted for those candidates who chose for LDC, Postal Assistants and court clerks.
- This is qualifying in nature.
- This test can be conducted in English/ Hindi. It will depend upon the choice filled by the candidate while filling up the application form.
- The typing test will happen for 10 minutes.
- The speed of key depressions is already set by the commission which the candidate has to maintain to qualify while typing. SSC CHSL Test Pattern This is as below.
- English tippers- 35 words per minute
- Hindi tippers- 30 words per minute
- The time duration may also vary. For physically fit candidates, the time allotted will be 10 minutes, but for Visually Handicapped candidates, it is 30 minutes.
- Visually impaired candidates should be at least 40% impaired to get relaxation. He/she has to submit the medical certificate from the authorized government doctor for this.
- A printed paper will be given to you who you have to type as it is on the computer screen. There will be 1750 key depressions in English paper while there will be 900 key depressions in Hindi paper.
- Register for Free SSC CHSL Mock Test
After clearing this test also, you need to cross the overall score of tier- 1, tier- 2 and tier- 3 also, and soon after that you will become the part of central government officers. If you have any doubts about What is the Pattern of the SSC CHSL Exam?
|SSC JE 2020 Syllabus and Exam Pattern|
|Upcoming SSC JE Exam Dates 2020|
IMPORTANT POINTS TO REMEMBER-
- After passing tier 1, you will be promoted to tier 2.
- To attend tier 3, you need to pass tier 2 cut-off, as well as combined cut-offs of tier1+tier 2.
- The failure in any one of them, i.e. either in tier 1 or tier 2 or combined result of tier1 and tier 2, will push you back from your career goal.
- If you are failed in tier 3, that doesn’t mean that you can give tier 3 again directly. You have to again fight from the beginning of the same exam. This process will continue until you did not get success in all the three tiers at one go.
- There is negative marking for every wrong answer in the first round. Your wrong answer will deduct 0.5 marks from your total right answers scores.
- Your skipped questions will not harm you anymore. It will not gain you anything either.
- There is no interview round in this examination. If you have scored well in tier 3, sectional wise and overall wise, then your selection in SSC CHSL will be considered as final.
- Sectional means, tier 1 and tier 2.
- Note that you have not to pass the subjects cut off individually. The cut-offs are generated only for individual tiers and tiers in combination like tier 1+tier 2 cut off, or tier 1+tier 2 +tier3 cut off.
Students, we hope that you have understood the concept of the Latest SSC CHSL 2020 exam pattern.
If we have skipped any information, then please ask us. Talk with us using the comment section below.
We avail you 24*7 hour services for answering your queries.