What is the full form of NCC?
NCC: National Cadet Corps
NCC related questions: What is the full form of NCC, What does NCC stand for, What is the meaning of NCC, NCC full Form in English.
The full form of NCC is National Cadet Corps. NCC is the military cadet corps of India that gives military training to the students of schools and colleges.
It consists of the Army, Navy and Air Force.
The chief agenda of NCC (National Cadet Corps) is to groom the students into disciplined and patriotic citizens
NCC headquartered in New Delhi and its directorates are situated in the different state of India
As of July 2017, Lt Gen Vinod Vashisht is the director-general of the Nation cadet corps
The official song of NCC is “Ham Sabh Bhartiya Hain”. It is written by the Sudarshan Fakir
The motto of NCC is Unity and Discipline. NCC acts as a cohesive force of the nation that brings together the youth addressing from different parts of the country and grooms them into the secular, united and disciplined nation of India.
The NCC flag was introduced in the year 1954. It has three colors
- Dark blue
- Light blue
The colors in the flag demonstrate the three services of the corps, i.e. red represent the army, deep blue represents the Navy and light blue depicts the Air Force. In the center, it has three letters NCC encircled by a garland of lotus.
The activities of NCC are guided by core values, some of which are as follows:
- Respect for the diversity in religion, language and culture in the country.
- Respect for Indian Constitution and commitment to contribute to national development.
- Ability to become a part of community development and social programs.
- A healthy lifestyle free from drug abuse and other unhealthy practices.
- Sensitive towards poor and socially disadvantaged citizens.
- Honesty, truthfulness, self-sacrifice and hard work.
- Respect the knowledge, wisdom, and ideas.
- Nation cadet corps was first commenced in Germany in 1666.
- In the early 1940s, Pandit Hradaya Nath Kunjru recommended that the established of a cadet organization in schools and colleges at the National Level in India.
- It came into existence in India on 15 July 1948 after the National Cadet Corps Act was accepted by the then Governor-General.
- In 1948, Girl Division of NCC was incorporated to proffer equal and unbiased opportunities to school and college going girls.
- In 1950, the Air Wing was added and in 1952, the Naval Wing was added to NCC.
- In 1963, after the 1962 Sino-Indian war, the NCC training was made mandatory
- In 1968, it again became voluntary.
- NCC cadets catered as the second line of defense during 1965 Indo-Pakistan war and 1971 Bangladesh-Pakistan war.
I hope you had a great time reading about “What is the full form of NCC”
If you have any sort of doubt or query for Full form of NCC please feel free to reach us via the comment section stated below
We at study sectors aim at upgrading your general awareness.
Stay tuned for another important update.