What is the full form of DSP?
DSP: Deputy Superintendent of Police
DSP related questions: What is the full form of DSP, What does DSP stand for, What is the meaning of DSP, DSP full Form in English.
DSP stands for Deputy Superintendent of Police. It is a prestigiously high rank of a police officer in the department of police.
DSP is a state police officer which represents the state police force.
The rank insignia of this officer is a national emblem above one star on the shoulder strap.
Do you know, DSP is equivalent to the assistant commissioner of police and has high chances to be promoted to IPS after a few years of loyal services
An examination is held regularly to recruit the officers to this post directly inspector is also promoted to this rank after the specified number of year of services.
How to Become DSP?
The candidate who wants to become the DIG has to appear in the state level examination conduction by the state public service commission
The candidate who successfully qualifies the exam has to undergo the probationary training before getting posted as DSP
Requirements for the exam:
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- He must have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university or educational institute.
- The candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and should not be more than 30 years old. For SC/ST candidates there is a relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit.
- The minimum height required for a male candidate is 168 cms and for female candidate, it is 155 cms.
- The minimum chest required for men is 84 cms with a minimum chest expansion of 5 cms.
- Written Exam (Preliminary and Main Exam)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Interview and Medical
Hope you find something useful on What is the full form of DSP?
Also, if you have a query regarding DSP Full Form, use our comment section given below.
Thank you and have a great day ahead.