BEd Full Form | What is the Full Form of BEd? B.Ed Meaning
What is the Full Form of BEd?
B.Ed related questions: What is the full form of B. Ed, What does B-ED stand for, What is the meaning of B.ED, BED full form in English.
B. Ed Full form is Bachelor of Education | B.ED stands for Bachelor of Education.
It is an undergraduate professional degree for the students who want to make a career in teaching. The degree is previously known as Bachelor of Teaching (BT). The duration of the course is two years.
After fruitfully completing the course, the students become qualified to teach in intermediate and high schools. In India, it is a major prerequisite for any graduate to teach at the high school level.
BED Course Duration
Bachelor of Education or B. Ed. is an undergraduate program of 2-year duration. The course precisely provides to the students who are concerned about pursuing a career in teaching and related fields.
It is a talent-based training program which conveys knowledge to students regarding all aspects of classroom teaching.
B. ED Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility standards for B.Ed. admission is played below:
- Successful completion of graduation in any Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
- A minimum aggregate score of 50% in graduation
- A minimum aggregate score of 55% at post-graduate level
B. ED Admission & Entrance Exam
Admission in B. Ed. is achieved through entrance exam conducted by different states and institutions. Generally, the exam is conducted in the month of May or June and forms for the same are available online at the websites of individual institutes. Admission of candidates is subject to Cut Off released by the respective university subsequent to the B.Ed. entrance exam.
B.Ed. Entrance Exam & Syllabus
There are various colleges that prefer B.Ed. Entrance Exam score for admission to their institute.
It is vital for a student to be conscious of B.Ed. Entrance Exam syllabus to prepare properly and crack the exam. The entrance exam contains
- Math and Mental Ability Questions
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Language Ability Test
- Teaching Proficiency Test
- Subject Test (Arts, Science, Agriculture, Commerce)
It is a skill-based course that emphases on providing all the compulsory teaching skills to the students so that they can comprehend different characteristics of classroom teaching. Arts students are trained to teach various subjects like history, civics, geography, etc. The science graduates are trained to teach biology, physics, and chemistry.
Commerce graduates are trained to teach accounting, economics, etc. The course is mainly designed to impart the teaching skills and make the students familiar with different aspects of classroom teaching.
BED Colleges List
- Lady Irwin College, Delhi
- Bombay Teacher’s Training College, Mumbai
- Kasturi Ram College of Higher Education, Delhi
- Andhra University, Visakhapatanam
- Government College of Education, Chandigarh
- D.M. College of Teacher Education, Imphal
- St. Xavier’s College of Education, Patna
- Jamia Millia Islamia University, Delhi
- SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai
- Himachal Pradesh University, Department of Education, Shimla
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women, Delhi
- Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi
Courses and Jobs after B.Ed
- TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher): After completing the graduation, the candidate becomes a TGT. So, the candidates with B.Ed degree are not required to do TGT. A TGT can teach up to 10th class.
- PGT (Post Graduate Teacher): The student who is a post-graduate and as well as completed the B.Ed is a PGT. He or she can reach up to 12th class.
- TET (Teacher Eligibility Test): It is an exam which is the minimum eligibility criteria to become a government teacher.
M.Ed or MA Education: One can pursue higher education in education after completing the B.Ed such as M.Ed, MA Education.
I hope the info provided through this post on What is the full form of BEd is of significant help.
Like, share and subscribe to our post. Stay tuned for the more recent updates on banking exams with study sector.
Thank you and have a nice day.