What is the full form of APJ Abdul Kalam
APJ: Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam
UPI related questions: What is the full form of UPI, UPI full Form in English, What they did in his life, achievements of APJ Abdul Kalam.
The full form of APJ is Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam. He was appointed as the 11th president of India.
The interesting facts about APJ Abdul kalam, he was a former Indian scientist who is popularly known as Missile Man of India.
He was born on October 15, 1931 at Rameswaram in Tamil Nadu.
The president has excelled both in academics and career journey.
- He accomplished his schooling from the Schwartz Higher Secondary School in Ramanathapuram district of Tamil Nadu.
- He graduated in physics from St. Joseph?s College, Tiruchirappalli in 1954.
- After completing the graduation, he moved to Madras where he completed diploma in aeronautical engineering from Madras Institute of Technology in 1955.
- He embarked his career in the year1958 with Defense Research Development Organization (DRDO) where he worked as a chief scientist.
- In 1962 he moved out of DRDO and joined Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) as a project director.
- From 1992 to 1999, he served as the Chief Scientific Adviser to Prime Minister and as the Secretary of Defense Research and Development Organization.
- From 2002 to 2007, he served as the president of India. Abdul kalam was very active throughout his life so after finishing his term as a President, he kept himself engaged and visited various renowned institutes and universities of India as a visiting professor.
He was awarded the Padma Bhushan in 1981, Padma Vibhushan in 1990 and Bharat Ratna in 1997.
APJ Abdul kalam remained a bachelor throughout his life. He had four elder siblings; one elder sister and three elder brothers.
While giving a lecture at the Indian institute of management shillong, Kalam collapsed and died from an apparent cardiac arrest on 27 July 2015, aged 83.
Thousands including national-level dignitaries attended the funeral ceremony held in his hometown of Rameshwaram, where he was buried with full state honors.